Friday, October 13, 2006

The Hair Stand-off is Over!


It was a pretty eventful day today! Katie has been to the hairdresser exactly twice in her life. The first time, she was a year old and didn't know what was going on. The hairdressed snipped a couple hairs for the scrapbook and we took a few pics. A few months later, she went again. You have never seen such hootin and hollerin! I couldn't hold her in the chair. Since then, she has had a fascination and bizarre fear of hairdressers. She lets me cut her hair while she sits on the kitchen table but will not go into a hair salon without a fight.

Today, though, she asked to go with me to get my hair cut. And then, shock of all shocks, she wanted hers cut and she wanted to go first. She did great. Like a pro! The hairdresser curled her hair up - SO CUTE - but after all that work, Katie said she didn't like it, so she brushed it out. What a shame. However, I was still celebrating the fact that I don't have to cut her hair anymore! I managed to salvage a few curls when we got home! Unfortunately, she has just finished a blue sucker when I took this shot, so she had to smile without showing teeth!

I also had to include a less glamorous picture of Katie asleep on the way to Nashville this weekend! This shot is sure to end up in a slideshow someday! She and Lucy (the Cabbage Patch doll) have the same mouth!

1 comment:

Jimmy, Tiffany, Abigail and Cooper said...

She looks so precious!! It seems like all of Abby's friends are getting short hair cuts and she wants no part of it. Her hair, when it's wet, is longer than mine (and mine's pretty long right now) but those ringlets shorten it up some. Congrats on the new look Katie!