Wednesday, October 22, 2008

Heck of a way to meet the neighbors

So last night we spotted a raccoon in the back yard. It was not at all afraid of us - not even of Micah and I'm even afraid of him. The neighbor said he'd thrown a clay pot at it earlier and the pot had smashed on it's head but it didn't bother the coon. So we concluded that it might have rabies. Rick called the DNR and they said, much to his delight, that he could shoot it! Ahhhhhh.... a good excuse to pull out his new pistol!

So, now Micah wants to play "shoot the coon" and Rick wanted me to take a picture for posterity!

Oh yeah. The meet-the-neighbor part - after the second shot, 6 different neighbors came running over. Now. If I hear gun shots, you can be sure that I won't be running TOWARD them! But that's just me.

Enjoy the picture, or whatever!

No comments: