Wednesday, March 11, 2009

What I'm Doing Today

So, I was laying (lying? laying? whatever.) in bed last night, well really this morning, and having all these brilliant thoughts of things I ought to blog about. Then I must have dozed off because all of a sudden I was dreaming that I was in this really amazing bathroom but the shower didn't have a curtain and that was stressing me out. Body image issues in my dreams. Great.

Anyway, so I can't remember what I was going to blog about. But this morning while I was painting the bathroom( quick, cheap renovation job) I was listening to one of my all-time favorite albums, "All Things New" by Watermark, and so here is my inspiration for the day.

I am not redeemed by corruptible things - not by silver, not by gold, not by aimless tradition - but by the blood of God's sacred son. Jesus.


I love this when I look at the definitions for redeemed :

to buy back : repurchase : to free from what distresses or harms: to free from captivity by payment of ransom : to release from blame or debt : to free from the consequences of sin : to change for the better : to free from a lien by payment of an amount secured thereby : to remove the obligation of by payment

So there you go.

And had to include a pic. Lene, the one on the bottom is my kids last easter in that dress I sent you. I'd send you the matching boy outfit but I just bet Kent isn't quite ready for it!



1 comment:

Lene said...

Too cute! Kahlan was a bit upset that she could not wear the dress today. I had to convince her to wait until Easter. It's hard to explain Spring when it's 75 outside (NOT that I am complaining at all...) She loves the dresses.