Wednesday, June 07, 2006

Butterfly Antlers, and so on..


What a day - it's only 10:45 and I have accomplished so much. Just kidding! I actually have kept track of 2 different alter-ego's of Katie's, which is very important when she is living in pretend world, so I consider the morning a success. She is currently living as Lisa Branson who is 16 years old.

What is it about us that makes us always want to be someone or somewhere we aren't? I could try to convince Katie that she doesn't really want to be 16 but she'd never buy that! She is sure that being a teenager is the best thing out there! I guess there is a great lesson in this! I know that being 4 is the life and that she would never want to skip 5-15 just to be 16 already. She can't see that far, so she really doesn't know. Same with God - I think I know what and where I'd be "best" but I can't see there or then and God can. So why am I resisting him? Why would I want to determine my own path or choose my own destiny? There is a reason parents are in charge of kids and there is certainly a great reason for letting God be in charge of us!

I know not everyone is cut out for kids or even wants them, but there is much that I don't think I would have learned about God and his role as my father if I hadn't been a parent myself!

Oh - about the butterfly antlers - a little thing I picked up from Lisa Benson this morning! They are the straight things that stick up from the top of a butterfly's head!

Here is a laugh, compliments of my friend Tiffany. It's a popular game called Redneck Horseshoes... I think I recognize these guys! Oh how I miss Arkansas!

I hope you have a good day, filled with your favorite games!

1 comment:

Jimmy, Tiffany, Abigail and Cooper said...

I know exactly what you mean about the parenting. Sometimes I am amazed at what my children teach me!

Glad the pictures brought some laughs. I think my favorite was the palm pilot!