Saturday, July 08, 2006

Uhhh... That would be NO DEAL!

I had a first today. I guess maybe I have been subconciously envious of all of Micah's "firsts" so I had to try one of my own.

I have always loved game shows. When I was little, I was in love with Bob Barker (Price is Right) and wrote off to the show. They sent me an autographed picture of Bob (when he still had dark hair) and it hung in my closet for years. So, when I heard that "Deal or No Deal" was holding auditions in Columbia, I immediately began to think of who I could talk into going with me (because that's not something best done on my own) for my first game show audition!

Long story short, the auditions were today at a mall. The mall specifically advertised that there would be no camping out in the parking lot allowed and that the mall doors would open at 6:30 am. The auditions started at 10 am and as long as you were in line at 1 pm, you would be auditioned. My friend Jeanie was convinced to go and it was her idea to be there by 6 am. (I had planned to shoot for 8:30! Ha.) So I was up before 5 and ready to go. We got to the mall by 6 am and, I promise you, there were at least 1,000 people already in a line that stretched the entire length of the mall and cars steadily filing into the parking lot. Probably another 100 people lined up before we could decide what to do. There were freaks and geeks, normal mini-van driving folks like myself, people with musical instruments and pets and, in general, a ton of folks that looked much more interesting than Jeanie and I. So, we ate fresh, hot, Hardees biscuits, laughed at ourselves and were back in bed before anyone ever missed us!

Unfortunately, I had been planning for the last month how I was going to spend my million dollars. Oh well. It'll have to wait. In the mean time, the Wheel-mobile is supposed to let me know when they are in the area! Maybe I'll hone my game-show auditioning skills and decide to be there by midnight the night before, like the men at the front of the line said they had done!

So, no deal today! Sorry to the folks who were going to Hawaii with me with my first million!

No comments: