Thursday, September 13, 2007

A day in the life...

So, Katie has been partnered up with a 4th grader (a "real, live 4th grader", she calls him) who's name is Ben (or so we thought) for these first few weeks of school who reads to her when they have "book buddy" time. This has happened 3 or 4 times already and she has talked at length about Ben.

So tonight we were going over her day as I was tucking her in, she mentions that they had book buddies today. So I say, "Oh, how is Ben?"

She says, "By the way mom, his name is not Ben."

I say, "Oh. Okay. What is his name."

"I don't really know. But it sure isn't Ben." (I'd have liked to see how she figured that out, since she's been calling him Ben for a month. She gets that from Rick.)

I say, "Are you sure it is the same guy you have been reading with all along?"

She says, "Yeah. It's okay. He never remembers my name either. I keep telling him, 'I'm Katie. Katie. Katie.' But he never remembers. So I started telling him my name is Lindsay!"

Maybe Ben, or whoever he is, could pick up a few tips from Katie, or whoever she is!

No comments: