Thursday, August 21, 2008

First Day of First Grade





Well, she's a bona fide first grader! This year should be interesting! Her teacher is determined that the kids will be very independent. That has never been a word to describe Katie, especially as it pertains to taking care of her own business! So we will see how all that goes. Her teacher this year is younger than me (like her new pediatrician - I'm starting to see a pattern here!) and doesn't have any kids of her own, which makes a big difference, I think. And I say that without judgment because I figured out after I had Katie that I will be a very different, and better, teacher if I go back, now that I have my own kids. But anyway, I am trying to remain optimistic about the year! It's just hard to have no control over who she spends the day with (short of taking her out and homeschooling, which the whole family agrees would be a bad idea!) I hope her teacher recognizes the treasure that each of her students are to their parents.

No comments: