Tuesday, December 12, 2006

Random Musings

Here are my thoughts for the day (so far). Try not to be alarmed.

You know how you sweep the floor and are shocked to see the pile that accumulates. I look at the pile and think, "I didn't realize it was that bad.". Micah looks at the pile and thinks, "I didn't realize there was that much to eat around here." Seriously, he makes a run for the pile when he sees me pull out the broom. Kids are gross.

Katie has assumed the greatest responsibility in our home these days. She frequently checks the bathrooms to be sure the "toilet doors" (aka lids) are closed so that Micah won't play in them. I like her names for things and if she can't quite describe something, she adds "thingy" on the end.

I think I have decided to quit commenting on blogs that are about anything serious or intelligent. I think I have twice posted an opinion and both times been blistered and ripped apart by complete strangers that disagreed with my thoughts. Both times were about spiritual things and the slayers professed to be Christians as they tore my comments to pieces, attacked my character and said things you would (hopefully) never say to someone in person. Why do they think it is any more acceptable to destroy someone in print than to actually say horrible things to their face? I think all of us at times need to get up and take a drink or something and then reread what we write before we hit that unforgiving "send" button!

I think God could have come up with a better plan than for leaves to die and fall on the ground every fall. There are just too many of them. If we could eat dead leaves or if they would just vaporize, that would be much more convenient for me. Even if they would shrink to one fourth the size when they died, I'd be cool with it. But then, he never asked me!

I need to buy some cokes at the gas station. Why are they always so much cheaper at the gas station?

That's all I got!

2 comments:

HAM said...

That is what scares me the most about the prospect of having a boy:) I think Skoshi is gross...and he goes for things that she would turn her nose up at:)

Philip said...

Sorry about the blogger! Unfortunately in this case, that particular blogger would probably say it to your face - but he (concerned Christian woman AND the other name) is not actually a Christian either.
Jaime