Wednesday, April 04, 2007

I can feel the love

I know - 2 posts in one day is kinda freaky. Just had to share the love. Katie was is a good mood tonight. She actually asked to skip eating and playing at Chick Fil A and just go through the drive thru so that we could take dinner to dad at work and eat with him! That is true love from a 5 year old.

Then tonight she prayed, "Dear God, thank you for my mom, my dad and my brother, but especially my mom and her awesome powers..."

Either I was a great mom today or she plans to ask me for something big tomorrow. Either way, I go to sleep with a smile!

2 comments:

HAM said...

You definitely need to share your awesome power secrets:) That is so sweet!

TC in SC said...

Oh.. they aren't so secret. For example, today, I glanced at Katie's school backpack which she had tossed on the floor of the van and a tiny corner of the tell tale red note (trouble note) was peeking out. I casually said "What do you need to tell me?" She thinks I just know things. Or when the door at the library just happens to open when we walk up to it (and she doesn't see me hit the wheelchair button) "Mom, why does everyone else have to open the door themselves but it just opens like magic for you?"

Always reply, "Awesome powers." Remember, young Jedi, you don't have to be really smart - just a little smarter than they are!