Sunday, April 29, 2007

Just Another Day in Paradise

For some strange reason, I am feeling a little pressured to blog. A fellow blogging friend of mine who has not updated her own blog since it last snowed here in SC was giving me some flack. Snow in SC, you ask? Yes, there were 137 flakes that fell about 3 MONTHS ago.

But there were a couple funny things that happened yesterday that I thought I would share. Unfortunately I didn't catch either on film for you so you will just have to take my word for them. In the afternoon, katie was coloring in our room while I worked on the computer. It got quiet for a minute, which means that she is either asleep or no longer in the room because Katie is rarely ever quiet. I called out to her and she wanders in from the bathroom, lips first. At least that's what it looked like because she colored on her lips with a very red marker. I couldn't hold back the laughs. After I recovered, I told her to wash it off because marker can hurt your skin/lips. "But it looks good mom", she said. "I don't care if my lips hurt. I like it!" That about sums up my daughter. I think that similar logic explains why some women like wearing extremely high heels, which she is also fond of!

Later that night, a very Micah thing happened. For those of you that haven't seen him lately, he has become an expert at harrassing his sister. He pinches and grabs and pulls and all those great things. He was sitting in his high chair eating a bedtime snack as Katie strolled by with a stick of string cheese, his favorite. He grabbed that cheese and shoved the whole thing in his mouth so fast that she didn't even see it happen. I think she even tried to take another bite before she realized it was gone! Micah, mouth packed to the lips with cheese, had the most satisfied smile on his face! Katie reacted in her own fast (which is not fast at all) way and tried to pry his mouth open to regain her cheese stick (probably because it was the last one in the bag). That boy has jaws of steel. He smiled so big and gritted his teeth so tight, we couldn't contain the guffaws. She eventually gave up and settled for eating some square cheese, in the other room! We figure that she tortured him for over a year - we'll give him at least a year to get her back!

I know - this is nothing that hasn't happened to everyone else but it was new to us! Just another day in paradise!

3 comments:

Bijoy said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Philip said...

I firmly believe Katie will be the next co-host on The View. OK, maybe not The View... but she'll clearly be on TV.

Anonymous said...

I know who you are talking about and just to prove it....I WILL BLOG THIS WEEK!!!!! just give me a few days first....