Tuesday, April 03, 2007

Recent Conversations















The other day at the Chiropractor, the sweet lady at the desk told me she could listen to Katie talk all day. She really could, because Katie does talk all day. Truly all day! Here is a snippet of our conversation last night on the way home from a friends house.

K - Mom, when we get home, can I have a bedtime snack?
M - Okay. You can have banana, grapes or an apple.
K - What about a peanut butter sandwich?
M - You haven't had any fruit today so you should have some fruit.
K - But I haven't had any peanut butter today either.
M - (who is very tired, so not on top of her negotiating game) Okay. You can have a peanut butter sandwich.
K - Okay. But I think I'll have an apple.

Nice. Today, Micah was the one cracking me up. Whereas Katie talks all day in English, Micah speaks some other language. Once I figure out what language it is, I'll get the "Learning Conversational ________________" CD. In the meantime, our conversations are fairly one-sided. Today at lunch he was wearing this red t-shirt where the whole shirt is Elmo's face, so you just see eyes, nose and mouth printed on it. And so....

Mom - Here little Mike, have a bite of eggs. (I pass the eggs on a fork because he likes everything on a fork so he doesn't get his hands dirty. He only likes dirt and poop and mud on his hands - I guess food grosses him out.)
Micah - (jabs the egg-laden fork onto his belly, which is Elmo's mouth.)
Mom - Mike eats the eggs, not Elmo. You love eggs. Elmo doesn't.
Micah - (hugs his egg-laden fork repeatedly. Wrong kind of egg loving.)
Mom - (jerks the fork away, which surprisingly still has eggs on it.) All done?
Micah - (hands open, palms up - means all done) AGEEEEEEE
Mom - No cookies yet. But thanks for asking.
Dad - (enters the scene) Hi Babe.
Mom - Hi. Want to know why there are eggs smeared on his belly and shoulder?

And that's a wrap!

By the way, we don't just talk about food at our house. Katie just strolled in while I was typing and told me that her 3 boyfriends are out there washing her car. I think she has got the right idea when it comes to the point of having a boyfriend (or 3)!

No comments: