Thursday, January 31, 2008

$20

So today, I learned something new again. Go figure. I learned that you can't trust a 6 year old with $20. Last night, Katie told me that they had a book fair at school and that her class was going to get to go to it today and she wanted to buy a book. Well, you hate for your kid to be the only one without a book, so I go to the ATM. I only can get a $20 bill so Katie and I work out a deal - she gets ONE book and brings the rest of the money back to me.

Right. Who's the idiot? I showed up at school later in the day and her teacher meets me first - "Oh Katie is so sweet - you should see the book she chose for her brother!" (I am just knowing that her ONE book was not chosen for her brother.)

She sees me and comes running. "Mom - you should see all the stuff I got at the book fair and I STILL got money back." She has 2 books for herself and one for her brother.

It was sweet of her to think of her brother so it's not like I can scold her for that. And one of the books she picked is a board book so that "brother can share it". It was about Barbie the fairy, but none the less...

Anyway, I finally get around to asking for the rest of the money. Not much point in that.

I got a whopping $0.77.

Rick laughed. He said she comes by her money management skills honestly! That's the truth!

No comments: