Saturday, May 19, 2007

The Case of the Reappearing Snickerdoodle

I could really use a Hardy Boy today.

Back in March, our friends parents came to visit from OK. On a previous visit, their mom had made some snickerdoodles and given some to us. They were only the finest snickerdoodles ever and, snickerdoodles being my favorite cookie, I went crazy. So this most recent visit, she made some more for us. I thought we had eaten them all, but a couple weeks later, Micah is playing in the living room and I come into the room and see him crunching on a snickerdoodle. I have no idea where he got it - it was somewhere in the living room. It was pretty hard by then. Of course, I took it away, he screamed, and life continued. A couple more weeks pass and again, I see him crunching on another snickerdoodle. Again - no idea where he got it. This time, I conciously remember putting it in the trash. That cookie never saw the light of day again.

By now, it has been 2 or 3 months since we last had snickdoodles. And wouldn't you know it, I found Micah trying to eat another one TODAY! It was extremely hard and he didn't get more than a few crumbs off it. But I still have no idea where his stash is! I don't keep the most tidy house ever but I know I've cleaned everywhere at least once or twice in the last 3 months, yet I have not uncovered the source of the snickerdoodles. Fortunately, there are no bugs in the house. Or maybe that is unfortunate, since they would inevitably lead me to the cookies! I am a little baffled as to what to do. Micah is pretty smart - he waits until I am not in the room to visit his stash! I wonder what else he has hidden!

1 comment:

JG said...

I read that entry out loud to Jonathan and we both started laughing. What a funny kid!

You guys need to come on down to Texas and visit so that we can meet your new kid an you can meet ours.