Saturday, May 26, 2007

Oh Where, Oh where are the large orange barrels?

They are gone! I can hardly believe it! I got lost on the way home today. After 3 years of dodging striped orange barrels, I am now driving straight down Hwy 6 and there are people driving on all sides of me. It is crazy! For my non-South Carolina friends, the construction on the Hwy outside our neighborhood began just before we moved here and finally finished TODAY! I am overwhelmed with lane driving options, yet it is less exciting, not having to avoid certain death by wayward back hoe or asphalt truck! I will miss our friendly construction crew with their lovely orange vests and constant cigarettes (which Katie comments on daily. "Mom - look at that man making a bad decision.")

So, Philip and Jaime, you can move back now but don't freak out if you can't find us. We live just down the nice black road with fresh lines and once again have a sign outside our neighborhood! I'll throw a barrel out there to guide you if you need it!

Does barrel have one "L" or 2?

No comments: