Thursday, November 01, 2007

Halloween Scrooge

If there was a character that felt about Halloween like Scrooge felt about Christmas, that would be like me. I don't have any spiritual issues about it. I just don't like it. I am annoyed by the persistent knocking on the door, stressed by finding the cutest costume, frustrated by the deluge of sugar on my family, etc. Pretty Scroog-ish, eh? But I grudgingly went along with things again this year, although I refused to pay for costumes. Here was what we came up with - Roman citizens...






It was kinda funny because everyone called Micah "Little Ceasar" (like the pizza guy) and some of the teenagers kept saying that my kids were dressed for a frat party, not a halloween party. That made me laugh and overall, we had a good time at a Halloween party with folks from church and I only spent $6 on the costumes, so life is good!

3 comments:

Philip said...

Togas are perfectly acceptable costumes so long as you're not distributing jello-shots to your trick-or-treaters.

Solid costumes. Next year, you could use the same materials and possibly go for a jungle/tarzan/jane/look.

Philip said...

Jaime here. I so agree with you. At one point this week, I woke up Philip yelling, "I hate Halloween." I think it was somewhere between Colt's indecision about what he wanted to be, and Ally's insistence that she wear a costume that was way too big for her. Boo humbug!

TC in SC said...

Boo humbug... ha! I will remember that!