Wednesday, September 24, 2008

It's all guesswork

I have really come to the conclusion, after 7 years and 4 days of experience, that most parenting is just guesswork.

Are they really sick if they have a temperature of 100 degrees?

Is it a real problem if they had to "change their color" at school when there are 5 different colors to go through in a day?

Does Riley actually like sitting in the foamy seat or is he just being nice while getting a cramp in his neck?



Does Micah get it when he doesn't get a treat at the end of preschool because he had to go to time out, especially since he's only gotten a treat twice in the last month because he's such a pill?

Will she fit into these clothes you found on the clearance rack next summer?

Is he really ready to potty train or will it be a waste of time right now?

Will he be scarred for life if I let him play in his sisters bathing suit?



Maybe I just need to read more parenting books! I think all they could really do, though, is just make me a slightly better guesser!

1 comment:

Lene said...

I have no answers for you but your kids are sure cute :)!! I loved watching some of the videos on Rick's site. What a fun way to see you with your family. I wish we were closer.