Thursday, September 11, 2008

Micah's 3rd Birthday

Well, maybe we've crossed a threshold. At least, that's what I am banking on! Maybe we have left the terrible 2's behind and we have some smoother sailing ahead. One can only hope...

We did enjoy Micah's birthday, though. 3 is a fun birthday, where they can really enjoy everything but have no expectations and therefore are surprised and thrilled with everything!

We had been telling Micah that his birthday was on Sunday and that he would be three then. So when he woke up on Sunday morning and I said happy birthday, he was thrilled to show me three fingers.



Since Rick was already gone to church, I just let Micah open some birthday cards at breakfast. You'd have thought I'd set him loose in a candy store! 5 birthday cards were amazing and he's been carrying them around ever since.

We had life group at the lake so I took his cake out there. Blowing candles out and having everyone sing happy birthday WITH him (he couldn't sit idly by and miss a song) was amazing, again. When I pulled the gifts out, I thought he was going to have the big one! He had no clue there would be presents.



In all, a lovely day! I know kids are outrageously expensive but there is no more fun of a way to spend money than buying a kiddo his favorite things! It was a gift for me.

Speaking of gifts, Riley continues to surprise and delight! I was nervous about having #3 but look what I would have missed....


No comments: