Friday, September 19, 2008

Katie's Room

For Katie's birthday tomorrow, we redecorated her room as a surprise! She has no clue! As I type, she is spending the night with a friend. I CANNOT WAIT to see her reaction when she sees her new room. It is pretty cute. Thank goodness for a couple of my friends, Becky and Trish, and their inspiration and assistance! Here are some of my favorite parts...

From the door... I made the valances. Go me.


I made the 4 pictures on the wall. Fun and cheap! My mother-in-law made the pillows - she's the queen of throw pillows!


My friend Becky painted this K - the flower is exactly like one on the quilt. She's amazing.


These inspired by Trish.


Call me Martha - I decopaged (no clue how to spell that but think 1970's craftiness) this tray (with artistic guidance from Becky) to hold a new tea set I bought her that has butterflies on it. Thanks mom for the cliff-notes on decopaging, or however you spell that!


Those are the highlights! I have more work to do on the shelves and one wall but I think I'll get a good reaction from Katie-bug! Happy birthday, sweet girl!

14 comments:

HAM said...

It looks AMAZING! She's gonna love this present and remember it forever:) I still remember my mom staying up all night Christmas eve finishing a doll wardrobe for my first good babydoll when I was in kindergarten. It was amazing as well:)

Anonymous said...

Awwww! TJ it looks fabulous!!! I love the pink and green and all the extra touches make it look so put together. Way to go! And watch out, you just might win that elusive Mom of The Year Award! :)

Love Ya'll
Heather Jo

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...

Wah....Its amazing..
I love it too..^^

Lene said...

Wow!! It looks great... I love the colors.
So ,can I have the cliffs notes on decoupaging that you used - I have one last project for the girls room and it involves decopaging. I already tried and messed up but I want to try again.

TC in SC said...

Just to be clear, I lost my mother of the year award back in January when I spanked Micah for something Katie did, and then again in February when I forgot the tooth fairy money for 3 nights in a row, and then again in March when I discovered at bedtime that Micah still had on his preschool diaper from 10:00 that morning, and then again on Wednesday when Riley fell off the couch, and exactly 689 times in between!

Can you earn it back? I think I'm going to need to do a little more than decorate a bedroom!

TC in SC said...

By the way, Riley only fell off the couch once - not 689 times! ha ha - that looked terrible.

HAM said...

Wow...I was starting to wonder how the kid was still alive after 690 trips off the couch!:)

A Little Something Different said...

TC...you are marvelous girl! It is so fun looking! I have surprised my kids with room redos and they never will forget it. Fun memory!! Laurie

Anonymous said...

Wow - Awesome!! I am so impressed! Can you come do our bedroom next?

Brenda

TC in SC said...

Sure Brenda! As long as Kyle is good with pink! :)

Lene said...

So...did she love it?

TC in SC said...

Yes! Look at my husbands podcast site and you can see the video! Here's the link if you are interested - you'll probably have to cut and paste it in. http://web.mac.com/rickcastleman1/iWeb/site/Ricks%20Podcasting%20Adventures%20HOME/Ricks%20Podcasting%20Adventures%20HOME.html