Monday, September 15, 2008

The Party

Having Katie and Micah's birthdays so close has been nice. I didn't think I'd get to do another "together" party this year but Katie was cool with it if they got to do something exciting. So we went to a new kid play place and they each took a few friends. It was a lot of fun. My kids both have a need for speed! And I didn't have to clean up! And Rick got to play video games! So it was great for everyone!





One of our friends kid, Matt, is in 3rd grade and he is Micah's hero! Micah refused to ride anything until Matt came to ride with him! We love Matt!





They each got their own cake, mostly because we all love a good excuse for cake!



Yeah! Boy dress-up clothes! Now he can be Captain Hook instead of Tinkerbell!



It's funny - Micah took his gifts off into a corner to open them, like a squirrel. Katie took hers right smack into the middle of everyone. It is characteristic of their little personalities!



Frankly, I'm just glad it's over. I can't tell you why, but birthday parties stress me out - not the execution, just mostly the planning and deciding and hoping everyone is happy with it all.

One more year down! How many more to go???

1 comment:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.