Sunday, September 17, 2006



I just wanted to share pics of Micah's first trip to the beach. We spent the weekend in Myrtle Beach with the teens from church and Katie and Micah partook of the sand and surf! Katie already loves the ocean and Micah would most definately be to Africa right now if I hadn't kept pulling him out of the waves! He was amazingly unafraid of the waves and curiously TERRIFIED of the 9-floor elevator ride in the hotel! It was a fun but exhausting weekend! There were 2 of them, 1 of me (while Rick was working with the teens), a very large ocean and much, much sand!

As a side note, Micah appears smarter than we might have previously thought! He never did try to eat the sand. Surprising, since he seems to eat everything else! Other note - Micah does have a bathing suit, but this first "Let's just look at the beach" excursion grew to a "Let's just get our feet wet" and then to "Hey mom, since I have my bathing suit on under my clothes..." And you can imagine the rest! Micah wasn't dressed for the occasion, but then, we Castleman's rarely are!

No comments: