Thursday, September 07, 2006

Micah's Big Day!


Well, it happened. My baby turned one! What a day! The cake and the presents were a lot of fun but the hardest part was the hair cut! (Note the before and after shots.) We decided it was time to do away with the mullet! I'm not a real fan of the mullet, but it was the concept of my baby starting to look like a little boy with a bowl cut that I was so sentimental about! He did surprisingly well, considering it was a new experience, having a buzzing, vibrating thing on his head! I only hacked it in a few spots. It just made me sad to cut off the sweet baby hair! Now he looks so grown up! Yikes!

We had a great party - 3 families from church that Micah likes came over and the cake I made was a four foot long caterpillar, all green, with antenna and fun eyes! It was fun to make.

By the way, someone needs to fill me in on how to make the pictures on this blogger line up right! (Sorry my postings are so funky - the never look the same on the editing page as they end up looking on the post.)

I hope you had as good of a day as we did!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Happy Happy Birthday! Sorry we couldn't be there to eat cake with you. Lainey and Landon send their love...and so do Todd and I!

Love the haircut! You are looking good kiddo!

Love,
The Wyatts