Wednesday, September 20, 2006

Kids are funny...and gross.

Kids are funny. Today I let Katie wear a dress to school since it was her birthday. (Usually I don't let her because somehow, her legs always end up in the air, flashing her bottom to the world. Not sure how that always happens.) Anyway, she was doing prissy spins and dancing and she stopped and told Rick "Daddy, do you know why I like this dress so much?" There is never any telling. "Because it has pockets for me to put rocks in." I guess that is as good of a reason as any.

But almost as often as kids are funny, they are gross. My friend Heather and I have discussed poop more often in the last year than we have discussed anything else, I think, and not our own poop (I hear that comes later). And why is it that children believe moms exist so that they can wipe their noses on moms shirt? I consider myself a highly successful parent because Katie has only vomited once in her life (and that was in someone else's house!)

But beyond all those body fluids, I have decided that the most disgusting thing is having to brush a kids teeth less that 10 minutes after they have finished eating goldfish crackers, especially the orange ones. I don't know why, but that gags me every time. The chewed up cracker gets all gunked up in the brush. And pink barbie toothpaste smells yuck to being with, but mixed with cheddar gold fish....

Just for fun, what is the grossest thing about kids to you?

By the way, I do plan to blog about Katie's birthday! We just haven't finished the partying yet!

Oh, and for you folks who I KNOW read this blog but never comment, you can do that by clicking on the word "comments" just below this on the right hand side and putting your 2 cents in!

3 comments:

Jimmy, Tiffany, Abigail and Cooper said...

Grossest thing? Hmmmm ...

Actually, it involves Heather and poop also. I went to change Cooper's diaper on Monday morning and he had BLACK poop. It kind of freaked me out, he's been a a little runny ... if you get my drift, so it worried me a bit. I called the dr., they said to bring him in with the diaper to "test the stool." A little later, but before the appt., I called Heather about something else. I mentioned Cooper's Pooper and she said, "Did he eat blueberries yesterday?" Ah yes! The culprit was found. Evidentaly, L and L also like blueberries, but their mom does NOT like what she sees the next day!

And for the record, twice in the past ten days I have tried to post a comment. I would be halfway through it or futher and my computer would disconnect. BLASTED DIAL-UP!!!!!

For the

Anonymous said...

Well, I think the grossest thing is when a kid has a runny, snotty, nasty, green nose and it gets all crusty...and no one ever wipes it. That totally grosses me out.
(Sorry, mine has nothing to do with poop)

But, I can say that Todd would have to go with poop...that is when they poop in the tub. He gets completely grossed out and has to leave the room. I'm like, "Hey, it's just poop!" But he can't handle it. Oh well, he needs to just stick to teeth I guess!

Love you guys,
Heather Jo

Philip said...

Barf in the carseat. No matter how much Clorox, Bleach, Sanitzer, or Napalm you throw on it... I can never get the smell out of my head.

Jaime seems immune to everything, but she gets a little annoyed when she shares her drink only to receive some floating pieces of backwash as thanks for her generosity.