Wednesday, September 27, 2006

Micah is on the run!


Well, Micah has officially declared walking as his primary mode of transportation and is experimenting with speed now! I wouldn't call it a true run, but there is a quickening of the pace when he is headed towards something he's not supposed to be in to and he hears me calling him and coming to get him! He has also discovered the perks of walking as they pertain to the transporting of objects. He finds he can steal stuff and run, buying himself more time before he is discovered and the contra-baby item confiscated. He is no dummy!

I guess if I could summarize his personality right now, I would compare him to a very charming wrecking ball. He is very sweet and funny, but he can destroy almost anything, and quickly! Unfortunately for us, he is growing faster than his ability to understand "no" or a swat to the bottom. He can reach stuff that is on the kitchen counters already! Yikes! So, once again, I am re-Micah-proofing the house! By the time we see some of you next, we might be living in bare, padded rooms!

2 comments:

Jimmy, Tiffany, Abigail and Cooper said...

He looks like such a big man!! Wow! It makes me realize it really has been WAY too long since we've seen you guys.

Philip said...

No fair, you beat! Julia is definitely our cautious child. She will crawl to the middle of the room (or yard or slanted deck), stand up and look around, and then resume the crawling position to reach her goal. I'll be in trouble once she starts walking, though. I don't know if I can keep her corralled in class!