Tuesday, August 21, 2007

The Final Day...

We had classroom orientation today at Katie's school. Can I just say that I need to rent the saddest movie tonight and just get these tears out! I feel like I have been choking on them for a week - they feel like such a weight! I'm thinking "Stepmom" or "My Life" or something like that is in order for tonight.

So anyway, back to the orientation. Katie flat out refused to enter the classroom! All of you who can't imagine that she is ever shy - you should have been there. So we waited a couple minutes in the hall. I finally told her I was ready so she hid behind me and we went in. It really took her a few minutes to warm up! I am praying she gets a good night sleep tonight because if she is tired tomorrow, she might pull the same stunt and I'm not sure I can leave her there crying.

Here are some pics of the morning.

This is the front of the school. There are 1045 students this year, which includes 9 kindergarten classes! I think there were fewer than 9 classes in the entire elementary school that I went to!



Katie could not be bothered with drawing a picture of her family! She only sat still for a couple minutes!



She did immediately get excited about the books!




This car is in the library. What is up with her reading the paper? I don't even read the paper!



So that is the latest. I'll hopefully get some pictures tomorrow. Thanks for indulging me as I take this agonizing journey back to elementary school! We are really excited for Katie and totally at ease with everything - just mournful of the leaving of a phase of her life and all too aware of how quickly the days are passing us by!

No comments: