Wednesday, August 29, 2007

Yet Another Milestone...

There have just been so many milestones lately, I feel like I am tripping over them. Today, Micah started school - only preschool, but still a big thing for him. Unfortunately, he didn't sleep very well last night and I don't think he felt 100%, but we went anyway. (By my twisted logic, I figure that he'd be grumpy here or there, and they get paid, so I let him go!) He cried when we left, sadly, but just so you know, Micah (in case you read this some day), I stood outside the door and listened for 20 minutes until you got happy, and I was sad too. You can tell the therapist that if you ever decide that me leaving you crying at preschool traumatized you for life!

The good news was that when I picked him up at noon, I stood in the classroom watching him for a good 5 minutes before he even noticed me there. He had a good time, I think, runny nose and all. I enjoyed the morning - I began a new Bible study with some girls and it's nice to not have to rush through it.

So here are some of the captured moments. (I'm sure Rick will create another podcast with the video he took, in case you are dying to see the live action version!)



The backpack is a little large, but so cute! He likes the "pack pack" part of school!



This is when I should have left! But I just had to say good bye, which is when the tears started. (If anyone is ever at church and wonders what exactly "weeping and knashing of teeth" looks like, you can just imagine the first day of preschool with 10 nearly-2-year-olds leaving their mamma's for the first time!)



His class has 7 boys and 3 girls. I would not be volunteering to be in charge of that mess! But Miss Debbie and Miss Elaine are veteraned 2-year-old teachers, so I will happily let them do their thing!

In other Micah news, we are starting to see 3 and 4 word sentences! It is very cute! Today at lunch he kept saying, "mo chikit muck agin pees." I knew exactly what he wanted. If you can't figure it out, you probably need to come for a visit! Anyway, it is so sweet to listen to his little voice, especially when he sings! He definately got more of the music gene than Katie did and it is so cool to see it develop. We'll try to get that on video - it would make a good podcast, I'm sure! (By the way, if you did download his podcasts from iTunes, thanks for indulging my technologically obesessed husband!)

I hope your day was as exciting as ours!

1 comment:

Jimmy, Tiffany, Abigail and Cooper said...

Glad there was no puking, as Cooper's first day of preschool included barfing all over the director (a friend of ours from church!)