Monday, August 20, 2007

Wow - the clock is SOOO ticking!

A day and a half until my preschooler enters the world of her next 13 years.

A day and a half until I have to start planning around a school schedule and quit going to theme parks when no one else is there.

A day and a half until I start waiting anxiously to hear how her day spent with other people went, and hope I didn't miss too much.

A day and a half until Katie has to wait until 2:30 to get a hug if she gets hurt or gets her feelings hurt.

A day and a half until I get to start running errands with only one child. Okay - that's a good part!

It'll be a big day and a half!

Shifting gears (and avoiding tears) I have to share the latest funny thing. Today, Katie finally wanted to work on her preschool workbook that she has been against working on all summer. So she was determined to do all of it! Anyway, on one page we were graphing the number of legs each farm animal has. I had to call each animal a "her". She said, "They are all girls mom, unless they poop. If they poop, they are boys!" Hopefully, she'll keep to the theory that boys stink for at least another 13 years.

1.5 days...and no longer counting.

No comments: